DMSG Limited is a technology-focused consulting organisation, specialising in digital transformation, service and project management. Forming part of a wider group of complementary companies that include professional services recruitment and out-sourced talent management services, DMSG has seen significant success, in both the private- and the public-sector. Successful consulting engagements include the DVLA, Defra, Metropolitan Police, Cabinet Office, BT, The Co-operative Group and Government Digital Service (GDS).
DMSG has grown significantly since its inception in 2014, including some large-scale, long-term projects at the DVLA. This success has left less time for focusing on documenting and publicising these successes. Although DMSG has offices in Cardiff and London, as with most consulting organisations, delivery staff are often at customer sites or working remotely, leaving limited time to work on activities such as creating case studies, whitepapers, blog posts etc.
Recognising these challenges and following a recent website relaunch with updated service offerings, DMSG was looking to get their message in front of more customers.
DMSG’s primary objectives were to:
- Enhance existing (and create new) marketing collateral to support outbound and inbound marketing campaigns
- Develop a value proposition clearly articulating DMSG’s differentiation from competitors
- Coach and mentor internal staff to support marketing activity through forming habits of case study creation, thought-leadership writing and networking (offline and online)
- Demonstrate differentiation from competitors on procurement frameworks such as G-Cloud 10
DMSG engaged Atomicity to design, implement and support a sales and marketing campaign with a focus on building the internal capability to enable DMSG to continue this for themselves into the future. Focusing on mentoring, developing tools, techniques and reusable templates, the plan was to provide sustainable, long-term impact.
A phased approach was designed and agreed, starting with a discovery activity to review existing marketing collateral, the marketing campaigns currently in progress (as well as the schedule for publishing content), and an analysis of how sales and marketing leads were currently being generated and utilised. For the existing marketing content, required enhancements were documented, as well as a plan for the creation of new material.
A content creation phase followed, which commenced with the creation of an updated value proposition:
- What customer problems are DMSG trying to solve?
- What are some of the compelling events faced by their customers?
- What’s the profile of an ideal customer?
- What value is delivered?
This element was about communicating the real value DMSG brings to its clients and working with the team to bring this value to the surface. And it was this activity that supported the development of content for the rest of the project, which included:
- Developing new (and enhancing existing) case studies based on recent project delivery. The creation of the case studies was supported by short interviews with project leads and delivery teams focusing on benefits and outcomes
- Creation of a content schedule, focusing on thought-leadership blog articles. Due to Atomicity’s sector knowledge and expertise, articles were initially ghost-writtten by Atomicity however the approach was designed in such a way that the approach could be adopted by DMSG staff, particularly aiding blog topic idea generation
- In collaboration with the DMSG in-house marketing and design team, a services brochure was produced to support DMSG’s submission to the G-Cloud 10 framework. Designed as a standalone document, the brochure could also be used for meetings, trade shows, exhibitions etc.
During the broadcast phase, Atomicity created a series of reusable email and social media message templates (including follow-up) that could be used by the DMSG team in a variety of scenarios with their networks of contacts. The templates were designed in such a way that they could be customised by individuals to suit their own contacts and their relationships. This was also underpinned by a targeted MailChimp email campaign (also supported by a number of Atomicity-developed email templates) that resulted in industry average-beating open rates.
As part of these campaigns, landing pages were created with strong calls to action, aligning to each of the headline service offerings.
Throughout the project, weekly highlight reports were distributed to the DMSG leadership team, summarising recent activity, next steps, and progress against the project timelines. It was also here that any risks and issues could be called out.
- Enabled and energised DMSG teams through coaching and mentoring to provide the tools and process to continually enhance DMSG and personal brands
- High open rate for warm engagement, with multiple customer meetings scheduled; industry average beating 29% open rate on cold email campaign;
- Supported G-cloud re-submission through production of services brochure
- Positive social media and website analytics:
- Website sessions increased by 38%, page views increased by 75%
- LinkedIn engagement rate increased by 46%
What our client says
“The engagement with Atomicity has been hugely successful and we look forward to working with Adam in the months and years to come”
Paul Matthews, Commercial Director, DMSG Limited, June 2018
What’s your next project? We would love to help grow your business…
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 800301